We have always looked at losing weight the hard way. Even if really do want to do exercise and lose a few pounds, there are circumstances that prevents us from doing this, may it be taking care of our family, our job or just plainly, we are too tired to do it. Sometimes, our current logistics are not helping. We do not live in the gym and we do not have exercise machines at home. All these just make exercise to seem impossible.
Then there came Pilates and other workout videos that you can do at home. With so many programs coming out in the market, popping in the scene like mushrooms, you can never be too sure which ones are the most effective and reasonable cost-wise. For one thing, most of them require you to carry around weights and other gym materials which means that you have to shed off a few more bucks to shed more weight. Another issue is the fact that these workouts might not be appropriate for people like you who do not wish to become fit by doing a series of jumping, weight-lifting and grunting for periods of time. This is where Chalene Johnson’s Piyo workout program comes in.
In this PiYo review, we will try to help you in understanding the principles by which PiYo works and the contents of the program. We will also get to know the developer of this revolutionary workout guide, Chalene Johnson and a little about how she became a renowned fitness coach that she is today.
Brace yourself as you take a step further in achieving your dream body!
Who is Chalene Johnson?
Chalene Johnson is a popular fitness instructor, a motivational speaker and a New York Times Best Selling author. She is also the CEO of Team Johnson, a company that is dedicated to share her ideas and ways regarding proper lifestyle to thousands of people. She has worked with several big companies before and was the first female to host two #1 infomercials.
She is an expert in a variety of topics such as relationships, life balance and business management, making her a very sought-after motivational speaker. She lives on helping others through her motivational workshops and camps, personal writings and online contact. She had made a lot of TV appearances and has authored many best selling books on various topics.
As a celebrity fitness guru, Chalene has sold over millions of copies of her workout programs, one of which is the PiYo and was even dubbed as a Guinness Book record holder for the most fitness videos. Her programs are very popular among thousands of established health clubs all over the world.
What is PiYo and how does it work?
PiYo is actually a contraction of Pilates and yoga. With this hip new training series, you get to have a leaner, sexier body without all the jumping, grunting and straining you get from usual Pilates workouts. PiYo gives you a brand new experience of incorporating Pilates and Yoga at a cranked speed to deliver fast results while following low-impact routines. Now, you can have a lean, defined and sexier body in no time.
PiYo works by combining the muscle sculpting capabilities of Pilates, the flexibility of Yoga and nonstop, fluid movements. Unlike traditional exercises you see on workout videos and on yoga classes, PiYo workouts do not require you to do boring repetitive core movements or hold dozens of long poses. Instead, it increases the speed of the exercises by using continuous sequences that lengthen and tone your muscles while you burn calories.
Without the high-impact workout found on other programs, you can now achieve a toned, flexible and strong body while burning all the excess fat. It does not even matter how old you are or what your body type is.
PiYo consists of a compilation of workout videos that are targeted to develop all of your body parts and are spaced throughout a 60 day schedule. These workout videos are very easy to follow. These are:
- Align: The Fundamentals – It explains the principles of how the moves in the workout help you achieving the best results
- Define: Lower Body – This helps you to tone and develop your legs and the rest of your lower body
- Define: Upper Body – This workout assists you in defining your upper body, including your arms and shoulders
- Sweat – It is a traditional workout that gives you a combination of fast-paced yoga flows and body weight training that help you define your whole body
- Core – This workout focuses on your abdomen, obliques and back
- Strength Intervals – It does not involve weights and other equipment and promises to give you no bulk
- Drench – It is workout that helps you develop your endurance while maximizing fat burning
- Sculpt – This uses varying speeds to keep your muscles from adapting to the routine. It promises to give muscular endurance and significant metabolic changes.
Aside from all of these, the package also come with the Quick Start Guide that gives you an introduction on how to get started with the program; and the PiYo 60-Day Workout Calendar that guides you into doing the appropriate exercise for the day.
Should you buy the PiYo workout program?
Not only that PiYo has many workout programs that are suited to develop your entire body using low-impact exercise, it also directs you to practice an overall healthier lifestyle. When you order one today, you can get a hold of the following bonuses from Chalene:
- Get Lean Eating Plan – This guides you on nourishing yourself with a variety of substantial yet healthy recipes and food suggestion so you can get the most benefits from doing the whole program
- Buns – An additional workout guide that focuses on your gluteal muscles and promises to tighten your entire back
- Tape Measure – So you can keep track as you lose many inches from your waste and in other target areas of your body
- 24/7 online support so can have encouragement during anytime of the day when you need it. You can have video chats with Chalene herself and join a PiYo Challenge Group.
In case you are still not sure of buying, Chalene assures you of a 60-day money back guarantee so you can have a full payment refund if ever things do not turn out the way they are planned.
Is it really worth the try?
Gone are the days when you have to punish yourself from all the straining you get with doing normal Pilates. With the combined sciences behind Pilates and Yoga, you get to have the best of both worlds in this program. What is even better is you do not have to starve yourself from following ineffective diet fads to lose weight.
Many have testified for the PiYo system to work and have already posted many pictures of themselves before and after they started the program. You can find it in the product’s website and in various review articles.
So what are you waiting for? Go get yourself a leaner, toned body and have the PiYo workout program today!